Tips How to Find Tattoo Artist

There is nothing really new in the market place, after I wrote about the amputation and around the implant magnet. The latter is called "Brain Piercing". Unfortunately I can not write about it at the moment because I'm still doing research on the subject, this way I will be able to write a decent article you all.

But, I think my most recent experience is very interesting, not too extreme, but so far the most interesting tattoos I have. Thinking about the refusal of some that I have I think that many people may experience the same problem. So I decided to make public.

Over the past few years I had this idea for a beautiful tattoo. This should be a line starting at the phoenix mirror above my neck to follow my spine down to my tail bone.
Easier said than done I guess ...

So a few months before the anniversary of my 34th, I started looking for an artist to do the job. As many people know, Brazil is a country well known in the tattoo industry. We have a professional is really great here.

So here I am with this project, but because I am very picky about who would tattoo my body, I can only choose among hundreds of professional full hand. Of the portfolio much as I can see I think that only those people will be able to do a decent job of my very complete idea of ​​micro details.

Of the five highly qualified professionals who do not want to do the tattoo. All of them told me that it was not possible. And the only one who will take the challenge, because I agreed to make Phoenix a little bigger than what I want, have a family problem.
Time passed, I became older and tattoos. I'm addicted to tattoos for friends and readers, I am convinced that I need not explain the feeling, but for people who do not have a tattoo of "bug", I can say that it's really frustrating. It feels less like you've spent months raising money to go to your favorite group performance, and precisely on the day of the show the band decided to split up for good.

So here I checked and did not come up with, or better said with an image and not the artist.

One day while I was walking down the street I saw a small tattoo parlor. And are thus intended to get my body is covered with pictures phoenix I think about stopping there for a few minutes to check his work.

The worst that can happen is I'll see you again wannabe. Actually the market is full of them. The majority of tattoo artists around is not too good. After I finish this story I will add a guide how to find the gold among the gravel.

Back to the story: I went into the studio and there is, let me mention one, obviously covered with tattoos. His name is Flavio Vandroiy, I did not hear about him at all, but once I was there I decided to give it a shot, he had a client waiting, so our first contact was brief, but even though, to my surprise, he was very attentive.

Now, if you know some famous tattoo artist you will understand that the more ideas pop stars really influence our friend. Well, most of the time it seems they are part of the royalty and pleasure do you see your face, even if only for five minutes of their precious time. Please note that there are some exceptions, one of which is beautifully Chapelan Pierre, who, years ago, I had the pleasure to tattoo while I was living in Montreal.
I checked one Vandroiy Flávio portfolio when analyzed in the paper and work better through his website. That looks pretty good job. His tattoo was signed by the steady and clear lines. Then I saw a very small tattoo pictures and full of detail, I analyzed it for about an hour to see every detail. After that I thought that he might be able to do a good job of drawing. I sent him an e-mail with my picture attached phoenix, after a day he sent me an honest reply. He told me that the image is quite small, but he will accept the challenge.

So we've got pictures on my back and of course I complained about the position. He patiently removed the images and do it again. Even if I am happy with the position, I think it will complain only to see his reaction. But there is no requirement to do so, he told me that he could change until I'm happy with the placement. So I said nothing. I hate to encourage people who are willing good. If he's a jerk I might change the position of the couple next time.
He did an amazing job, from something that many thought impossible to achieve. One of the most exciting thing about this is that he is humble enough to say that after we finish all the phoenix we have to go back and do touch ups on some of the images that he thinks could be better done. I agree with him, some bird's face ', if you look at pictures taken with a micrometric from the camera, not identical.

I have many tattoos, which are made by many in the industry hotshots, including a very special my first tattoo made by Marco Leoni own. Even if it is an old tattoo, I got it when I was pre-tee, and it suffers a bit by stretching because my growth and thousands of times that I put it through the horrible process of leg waxing, still here, not arrogant like that once, but every time I see, I know that this old phoenix helped me to become who I am.

The truth is that I fell in love with a new tattoo, so far it's really best quality small works I have ever seen. If you look at it from a distance looks like the best and most delicate lace that you can buy.
Ok, after the story I am narcissistic, I would, as promised, adding a few tips on how to know when a good tattoo artist or tattooer he was proclaiming himself the title of artist. Note that even if the prestigious international award judged not in the daily work of artists. Prizes awarded to artists based in only one work, done once during the competition. I consider a very small sample to be worth the prize, if you take in consideration that many tattoo artists are between three or four a day tattoo studio.

1) Of course the studio should be clean and properly sterilized materials, the artist should wear gloves all the time, and the ink should be poured into small containers, to avoid contamination of materials.

2) Look at the artist's portfolio very carefully, not only to appreciate it, you'll find a very small imperfections.

3) The lines of the tattoo should be fine, wobbly line of jagged lines and is a big no go.

4) Color should be implemented properly through the entire image, without leaving the place empty.

5) The way in which the artists use and combine colors is also very important. Especially if you are looking for water color effects.

6) Big tattoos are easier to master than a small tattoo. Even if the sleeves and full backs get more attention, small tattoo is much more complicated to make. So while looking at the artist's portfolio, check out smaller and more detailed work. A good hint is to look for and examine some of the tattoos bird feathers and bird's face.

7) Also notice that people do not work when reproducing a cartoon character. This type of reproduction is very complicated because of the amount of detail, the perfect thickness of lines and coloring.

8) If the price is a problem on the size or type of tattoo you get, I suggest you wait and save more money. It is better to wait and to do what you dream of settle for less.

9) You have to mingle with the artists and not feel intimidated by it. A good artist will allow you to provide your input and will not feel offended by any comments or suggestions. Remember it is your body and you want to enjoy every second of the experience.

10) Many people have the idea that the tattooer must be crazy, someone is always high and in line with the dark figure. It is a myth, many of those wonderful artists, sometimes parents are married and proud. If you suspect that the artist was under the influence of substances, or have an addiction you have to think before allowing him to work on you. It is a well known fact that alcoholics and addicts have a problem with a trembling hand.

11) Also honored when the artist gives an honest opinion. If you do not agree just trying to find someone else to get a tattoo. This way you will avoid to feel the work was not properly done for personal reasons.

12) If you select an image from a catalog, and want to make some changes on it, a good artist will make the changes with pleasure, and will not complain if you want to change that much on it at the time of the sketch has been renovated, of course You just have to know where to draw the line between change and no longer makes sense, do not forget these people make a living from a tattoo.

13) A good professional is not always the one you just get a tattoo with the right, to do a decent job is the duty of a good professional. For me a good professional should make the client aware of some details about the tattoo.

14) If you are a woman, and wanted to have children, a tattoo on the abdomen or on the side of your waist line, whether horizontal or vertical, probably not a good idea, but will stretch due to pregnancy and loose some of its beauty.

15) Once again if you are a woman, probably not a good idea to get a tattoo during your period or while in the process of PMS. Due to some hormonal changes you're more likely to feel pain or worse, the healing process can be compromised.

16) Any tattoos look great when fresh. The artist must remind you that what you see is what you get, for a while. The ink will fade. Of course you can delay the process of care, but in the end, it will fade, and some lose some of its beauty.

17) black ink after a few years will be bluish. There is no way to avoid it. To improve the color of the tattoo you have to retouch. You can also try to understand that it is part of your body and like to have the right to age. In my case I do not retouch my tattoos. To me my tattoos are part of a lost moment in the past, and because they are the memories they will tend to fade with time.

18) While the big and bold tattoo will only have color fading problems, small and very detailed tattoo, will lose sharpness in detail, and will often look as if they were poorly done.

19) This is a good idea to get a tattoo during the winter. During the summer you will have a problem with plastic bandage, it will make the tattoo constantly moist. Moisture can delay healing, opening a window for infection. The healing process will also be very, very itchy.

20) If you can not avoid getting a tattoo during the summer, ready to use antihistamine pills. They will come in handy.

21) If you must scratch the tattoo, it's better if you pat yourself. Do not use your nails.

22) Do not drink or use drugs before getting a tattoo, it will not ease the pain and alcohol can actually make you bleed again.

23) Depending on the type of work visible tattoos could be a problem. Something that one day I hope that will change, but so far, if you're one of those professionals, try to get a tattoo in a place that is easy to hide when you wear the type of clothing.

24) The most difficult thing to say is, never do the tattoo because it fashionable, or because you have an idol. A tattoo is something personal. It will be with you every day in your life. It is much more difficult to get rid of to get rid of a former spouse.

25) When selecting an image for a tattoo, choose something that means something to you. Naturally beautiful butterflies as well flower, funny star on your wrist is very sexy. But how do you feel about them when you are sixty?

26) And last but not least. Do not ever get a tattoo on impulse. There are many other things to do when you're bored, if you need a "quick fix" to try to get a drastic change in hair or buy some new clothes. Tattooing is something to really think about. Something to see and do as art. If well thought out and well chosen process of getting a tattoo, it can take years to happen, but it certainly can change your entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment